Pharmacy Customer Rights
Trimax Pharmacy enrolls patient in to patient management program and upon enrollment patient receives a Customer Handout . Where patient receives their rights and responsibility are explained. (please see customer handout as separate attachment)
Information about patient rights and responsibilities
Trimax Pharmacy is committed to providing high-quality, cost-effective health care to the communities we serve. We believe that every patient deserves to be treated with respect, dignity, and concern. We will provide care regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, or source of payment.
We consider our patient a partner in their health care. When they are well informed, participate in treatment decisions, and communicate openly with their doctor and other health professionals, they help make our care as effective as possible. Trimax Pharmacy encourages respect for the personal preferences and values of each individual. It is our goal to assure that their rights as a patient are observed and to act as a partner in their decision making process.
Excellent customer service and a high standard of care are very important to us at Trimax Pharmacy.. If at any time we fail to meet those high standards, we appreciate you, the customer, letting us know about it.
While they are a patient at Trimax pharmacy, they have the right to:
Rights of the Client /Consumer/Patient
- Each client has the right to make informed decisions regarding his/her care.
- Each client has the right to know about philosophy and characteristics of the patient management program;
- Each clients has the right to have personal health information shared with the patient management program only in accordance with state and federal law;
- Each clients has the right to identify the staff member of the program and their job title, and to speak with a supervisor of the staff member if requested;
- Each clients has the right to receive information about the patient management program;
- Each clients has the right to receive administrative information regarding changes in or termination of the patient management program;
- Each clients has the right to decline participation, revoke consent or unenroll at any point in time;
- A client will not be denied appropriate care on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, handicap, marital status, sexual preference or source of payment.
- An individual who is or has been a client of Trimax Pharmacy is entitled to inspect, or receive for a reasonable fee, a copy of his or her medical record upon written request.
- A client is entitled to confidential treatment of medical records and may refuse their release to a person outside of Trimax Pharmacy except as required by law.
- When a client is referred to another organization, service or individual, the client is informed of any financial benefit to the referring home care organization.
- A client is entitled to privacy and full recognition of his or her dignity and individuality.
- A client is entitled to information concerning experimental treatment proposed as part of his or her care and has the right to refuse such treatment.
- A client is entitled to receive adequate and appropriate care and to receive from the appropriate individual at Trimax Pharmacy information about his or her proposed course of treatment.
- A client is entitled to refuse treatment to the extent provided by law and to be informed of the consequences of that refusal.
- A client is entitled to exercise his or her rights as a client and as a citizen and to this end may present grievances or recommend changes in policies and services. A client is entitled to information about Trimax Pharmacy ’s policies and procedures for initiation, review and resolution of client complaints.
- A client has a right to have his or her pain assessed and addressed as applicable to the services being provided.
- A client or his or her designated representative has the right to participate in the consideration of ethical issues that arise in his or her care.
- Trimax Pharmacy will honor a client’s right to refusal of care, including the withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment or withholding of resuscitation services if appropriately informed by the client.
- A client is entitled to receive and examine an explanation of his or her bill regardless of the source of payment and to receive, upon request, information related to financial assistance available, through Trimax Pharmacy . The client is informed at admission of Trimax Pharmacy ’s charges and policy concerning payment for services, including insurance coverage and other method of payment.
- A client is entitled to know who is responsible for and who is providing his or her care and to be involved in his or her discharge planning, if appropriate.
- A client is entitled to be free from mental and physical abuse from the care provider.
- A client has the right to pain management. Clients and families are educated, when appropriate, about their roles in managing pain.
- Each client is responsible for providing a complete and accurate medical history.
- Each clients has the responsibility to submit any forms that are necessary to participate in the program, to the extent required by law;
- Each clients has the responsibility to give accurate clinical and contact information and to notify the patient management program of changes in this information;
- Each clients has the responsibility to notify their treating provider of their participation in the patient management program, if applicable
- A client is responsible for making it known whether he or she clearly comprehends a contemplated course of action and the things he or she is expected to do.
- A client is responsible for following the recommendations and advice prescribed in a course of treatment by the physician.
- A client is responsible for providing information about unexpected complications that arise in an expected course of treatment.
- A client is responsible for being considerate of the rights of Trimax Pharmacy personnel and property.
- A client is responsible for providing Trimax Pharmacy with accurate and timely information concerning his or her sources of payment and ability to meet financial obligations.